There is a myriad of events planned to celebrate Macomb County’s bicentennial next year. Here are just a few highlights - more details to follow.
- Making Macomb: A Journey Through 200 Years
Lorenzo Cultural Center
On Display: February 28 - May 5, 2018
Exhibit Hours: Thursday, Friday & Saturday, 10am-4pm | Wednesday, 10am-8pm
About the Show: As we celebrate the bicentennial of Macomb-Michigan's third county-we will look back on major accomplishments, significant milestones, key people, and interesting facts that have made Macomb County what it is today
- Memorial Day Parade - Sunday, May 27th, 2018
Macomb County's Bicentennial Float and other participants will be a leading the parade this year.The 2018 St. Clair Shores Memorial Day Parade "Never Forget Their Sacrifice" will be held along Harper Avenue from Ridgeway running North to 11 Mile at 1 PM.
- Art & Design in Macomb County & Mount Clemens: A Bicentennial Exhibit
Anton Art Center
On Display: June 16 – July 20, 2018
About the Show: Celebrate Mount Clemens’ and Macomb County’s history with us! Mount Clemens and Macomb County are celebrating 200 years in 2018, and the Anton Art Center will feature an exhibit of a variety of historic art objects relating to Mount Clemens and Macomb County over the years.
- 200-mile Torch relay, a two-and-a-half-day event that will take participants through every community in the county. Runners from every community will take turns during the event, and monitors will be stationed with each participant. It will end the night of the Mount Clemens’ fireworks celebration. June 21 and 22.
- Bootleggers Ball - June 23, 2018
- Labor Day Parade - September 3rd, 2018
The Romeo Peach Festival Floral Parade will be held at 1:30 PM.
- Mount Clemens Parade - Thanksgiving weekend - November 17, 2018
- Kickoff celebration on January 10th at the Macomb County Administration Building